Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Doctors Apt Today

I know Kathi two posts in one day what in the heck. :-)

I had a doctors apt today with my PCP who changed my my meds quite a lot. He took my off the vicodin and put me on percocet, hoping that the change in the narcotic part of the med would help control my pain a little better. And told me that if that didn't work that we would go to Methadone which scares me a bit.

Funny side note here, I had my script of Vicodin with me because I'd been out most of the morning and needed to take it during that time. Anyway when we were talking about changing over I told him I had it with me and so he took it guess so I wouldn't OD. But then looked lost, he then proceeded to look at me and say "Now that I have them what do I do with them, should I just flush them down the toilet?" Think of all the happy Rats he would have created.. LOL. So I very nicely suggested that he put them in the sharps box that was hanging on the wall in front of him. Oh doctors they have all the book smarts but not a lot of common sense... Thank god for nurses.

He also ordered an MRI of my Brain and C-Spine for the Neurology apt that I have Friday.

As far as today goes though pain is really bad, I've had a rough few days. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I can only really go one day at a time now. Which as a 23 year old is really kinda sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment